Vertigo

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Christmas came early this year!!

Yesterday I received mine and Jonathan's wedding present to each other. I went to my parents house after work, and with much anticipation there it was, the wonderful box filled with goodies. We both love photography and thought it would be a great investment to buy a nice camera. So we said, why not just make the camera a wedding present and we can both enjoy it. Now, when I say "our" camera, I really mean "my" camera that he can borrow! I'm totally kidding, but he will have to pry it out of my hands to use it, I'm not gonna lie, I can be a camera hog...as long as Im the one taking the pictures and not in the picture.

So I opened up the box and there was the beautiful Nikon D50 with 2 lenses, an HD wide angle lens, a tripod, filters and carrying case. I had some fun last night taking pictures...one lens gets you so close to your subject you can get an up the nose photo--don't worry I won't do that to you. Of course Presley was the main subject of my pictures last night, but I did get some other shots as well. I love figuring out all the cool little tricks to photography. I'm sure you'll get to see plenty of our pictures we take on here.

There is just something about capturing a moment and keeping it as a memory forever. I love having pictures of occasions or just everyday randomness (if that's even a word) that you can pull out whenever you want to and reminisce. I have pictures of ski trips and mission trips to Mexico and Honduras from high school and I love looking at them and remembering the fun times we had back then. I've taken many pictures of my niece and nephew over the last couple of years, its fun to see them as they get older and see how much they change.

I'm warning all of you right now--I'm about to go picture CRAZY!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home