Vertigo

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Never Alone

I was listening to a CD on my way to work this morning and one of my favorite songs came on...Never Alone by Barlow Girl. If you haven't heard it before I suggest you try to find it and listen to it. Here are the lyrics to the song:

I waited for you today
But you didn't show
No no.
I needed you today
So where did you go?
You told me to call
Said you'd be there
And though I haven't seen you
Are you still there?

Chorus
I cried out with no reply
And I can't feel you by my side
So I'll hold tight to what I know
You're here and I'm never alone

And though I cannot see you
And I can't explain why
Such a deep reassurance
You've placed in my life.
We cannot separate
'Cause you're part of me.
And though you're invisible
I'll trust the unseen.

Chorus

I love this song because it is a reminder of how much Christ loves us and will always be there for us. It basically says that when we talk to Christ and don't hear him reply it's because our walk with Him isn't as close as it should be. He is always there and will always hear us, we just may not hear Him...that's when we need to strengthen our relationship. On the flip side, at times, He may be silent in our lives, and it isn't necessarily because we aren't close enough with Him. I heard someone say something a while back at a conference... he said, "When Christ is silent, He is not still." Just because Christ isn't talking to you He is still showing you things and working in your life. Anyway, back to the song above...the part that I love the most is when it says "And though you're invisible, I'll trust the unseen." So even though you can't hear Him, He's there and just trust the unseen! Simply put--Have Faith!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home