Vertigo

Thursday, November 09, 2006

ramblings

A while back I went with Jonathan and some friends from his church to the Austin Street homeless shelter. Ever since that day there has been an image stuck in my mind. There was a woman there with her son who was probably all of 2 years old. The little boy obviously did not feel good and was burning up with a fever. With all the medical knowledge that I have and the ability to help people, I felt so useless because there was nothing I could do. I hate to see kids sick and feeling miserable. Yes, I know what you're thinking..."you work in a hospital where there are sick kids" It's different when you are in the hospital because the kids are there for help and you CAN help them. But when you are at a homeless shelter, there is nothing you can do. I would give anything to be able to provide free healthcre for children who can't afford or can't get to a hospital. I just want to be able to help them!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:59 PM, Blogger Jonathan Blundell said…

    I think I forgot to tell you but little Austin was doing a lot better this past Sunday. His mom said they were able to find him some medicine at the shelter and his fever broke.
    Hopefully that will be the last time he's sick this year.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home